GREENVILLE, S.C. – The Anderson University women's basketball team led wire-to-wire in a 77-65 win over the fourth-seeded Lenoir-Rhyne Bears in the South Atlantic Conference semifinals on Saturday afternoon at the SAC Championships at Timmons Arena
With the win, the Trojans improve to 28-2 overall while advancing to the SAC Championship Final against Wingate. With the setback, the Bears season ends with a 17-13 overall record.
- The Bears bench outscored the AU reserves 25-12.
- Anderson outrebounded Lenoir-Rhyne 41-35.
- The Black and Gold made four more 3-point baskets than LR.
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a game-high 27 points while ripping down 11 rebounds. Mollenhauer has recorded 20 double-doubles on the season.
-Junior Madison Baggett chased down her season average 7.0 rebounds.
- Senior Ace Easter dropped in 20 points while grabbing eight rebounds. Easter also dished out three assists in 38 minutes of action.
-Lenoir-Rhyne placed three players in double-digit scoring with Madeline Hardy scoring a team-high 16 points.
- The Trojans are looking to win both the regular season title and tournament title for the first time, within the same season.
Anderson advances to the SAC finals to face No.2 Wingate, hosted by Furman University (Timmons Arena), on Sunday. Tip-off is slated for 1 pm.