ANDERSON, S.C.– Due to forecasted rain, the Anderson University softball team will now play its scheduled Saturday South Atlantic Conference game against Catawba on Sunday. First pitch of the doubleheader is slated for Noon.
Who – Anderson (25-11, 7-5 SAC) vs Catawba (19-18, 7-5 SAC)
When – Sunday (Noon/2 p.m.)
Where – Anderson, S.C. (AU Softball Complex)
Catawba holds an 13-8 advantage over the Trojans. Anderson defeated the Indians last season in game one at Catawba to snap a seven game losing streak. The Indians rebounded winning the nightcap, 9-7.
ANDERSON TROJANS OVERVIEW
- The Trojans are batting .316 as a team while hitting 37 combined home runs.
- Anderson holds a 19-3 overall record when playing on its home turf.
- The Black and Gold have lost its last 5-of-6 games.
- The Trojans are coached by Tommy Hewitt who is in his 13th season at Anderson.
CATAWBA COLLEGE INDIANSOVERVIEW
- The Indian pitching staff carries a combined 3.11 ERA.
- Catawba has lost its last 3-of-4 contests.
- The Indians are batting .291 as a team while their opponents are batting .249.
- Catawba is led by 35 year veteran Nan Whitley.