BELMONT, N.C. – Despite getting off to a great start sweeping the doubles porting, the Anderson University men's tennis team were edged out, 4-3, by nonconference opponent Belmont Abbey on Friday afternoon at the Reidy Tennis Center.
With the setback, the Trojans fall to 4-2 overall while Belmont Abbey moves to 4-7 on the season.
Belmont Abbey 4, Anderson 3
1. Ignacio Bidegain (AU) def. Zachary Blythe (BAC-M) 6-4, 6-1
2. George Barfoot (BAC-M) def. Spencer Brown (AU) 6-2, 6-4
3. Kent Shiell (BAC-M) def. Tomas Depiaggio (AU) 6-4, 7-5
4. Bailey Horne (BAC-M) def. Jeffrey Dayton (AU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Carlos Nolasco (BAC-M) def. Preston Morpeth (AU) 7-6, 6-1
6. Adam Kush (AU) def. Wlayimer Jimenez (BAC-M) 6-2, 6-1
1. Spencer Brown/Adam Kush (AU) def. George Barfoot/Bailey Horne (BAC-M) 7-5
2. Ignacio Bidegain/Preston Morpeth (AU) def. Holden Ballard/Kent Shiell (BAC-M) 6-2
3. Jeffrey Dayton/Tomas Depaggio (AU) def. W, Jimenez/C. Nolasco (BAC-M) 6-4
Match Notes: Anderson 4-2 Belmont Abbey 4-7 T-3 hours