ANDERSON, S.C. - Anderson men's soccer will travel to No. 2 seed Lander on Sunday for second round NCAA action.
• Who – Anderson (11-5-3) at Lander (14-1-3)
• When - Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where – Greenwood, S.C. (Van Taylor Stadium)
• Live Stats – http://www.landerbearcats.com/sports/msoc/tournament/boxscores/20181111_2z0o.xml
• Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uZv4_WhubM
The Bearcats hold a 5-3 advantage over the Trojans with the Black and Gold winning the 2009, 2011 and 2017 matchups before losing a 1-0 home decision in September of this season.
• The Trojans scored three unanswered goals in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament versus Limestone to advance to the second round.
• Senior Lars Kaula scored his sixth goal of the season in the 3-2 victory.
• AU's sophomore Harry Ward scored his fourth goal of the season against Limestone while scoring a goal in each of the last three games.
• Anderson is led by fifth year head coach Michael Zion.
• The Bearcats on loss this season are at the hands of the No. 1 seed Young Harris.
• Lander was picked 1st in the preseason Peach Belt Conference poll.
• Lander has reached the NCAA Tournament five of the past six seasons.
• Lee Squires enters his fourth season as head coach of the Lander program. Under Squires' guidance, Lander has accumulated a 55-12-9 overall record. In his three seasons, the Bearcats have made three appearances in the Peach Belt Conference Tournament championship and have advanced to the NCAA Tournament three times.