GREENWOOD, S.C.– No. 6 seed Anderson University men's soccer used three unanswered goals to take down No. 3 seed Limestone, 3-2, in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday evening at Van Taylor Stadium.
The Trojans improve to 11-5-3 overall while Limestone's final record stands at 13-4-1 with the Black and Gold advancing to the next round to play host Lander on Sunday.
- Anderson outshot the Saints 17-12
- The Trojans claimed the corner kick advantage with five kicks to two
- The Black and Gold edged the Saints with 8-7 shots on goal
- AU's Gal Elyashiv recorded three saves
- Limestone's keeper Mirko Ronchi was credited with six saves
- The Anderson – Limestone series now sits at 7-5-1 in the Saints favor. However, the Trojans have won the last two matchups.
- AU's Harry Ward's scored his fourth goal of the season while scoring a goal in each of the last three games.
- Anderson handed the Saints their first loss since October 3rd
- AU's Lars Kaula scored his team-leading sixth goal of the season
- Anderson will face host and No. 2 seed Lander on Sunday. Kick-off is slated for 1 p.m.