Anderson, S.C. – Anderson University men's soccer put together a valiant effort, but stingy defense by both teams resulted in a 0-0 draw with South Atlantic Conference opponent Tusculum on Saturday evening at Trojan Stadium.
The Trojans move to 3-4-3 overall and 2-2-3 in SAC play while Tusculum settles for a 6-5-1 overall record and 4-2-1 in conference action.
- Anderson held a 17-13 advantage in shots on the night
- The Pioneers held a 6-4 edge in shots on goal
- The Trojans took five of the eight corner kicks
- Gal Elyashiv collected six saves for the Trojans
- Alejandro Quiriti had four saves for the match.
- Gabriel Homem took three shots with two coming on goal
- The Tusculum-Anderson series now sits at 6-5-1 all-time
- Anderson has played four double overtime matches in its last five outings
- The Pioneers are 1-3-1 away from their home pitch
- The Trojans are 3-1-1 at home this season
- The Trojans step out of conference play to welcome rival Erskine on Tuesday. Kick-off is slated for 7 p.m.