Newberry, S.C – The Anderson University women's basketball team finished off a four-game road swing by defeating South Atlantic Conference foe Newberry, 62-47, to remain the only unbeaten team in conference play on Saturday afternoon at Eleazer Arena.
With the victory, Anderson runs its overall record to 14-2 and 8-0 in conference play while the Wolves dropping to 11-2 overall and 5-1 in SAC action.
- Anderson outrebounded Newberry 40-32
- The Trojans defense held two of the SAC's leading scorers to well below their season averages.
- Anderson made four more foul shots than the Wolves attempted. AU (12-18), NBY (6-8)
- The Wolves placed three players in double-digit scoring with Shelby Britton scoring a team-high 13, Regan McCarty netting 11 points and Meg Essex chipping in 10 points.
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a game-high 22 points while ripping down 15 rebounds. Mollenhauer has recored 10 double-doubles on the season
- Senior Ace Easter dropped in 18 points adding two rebounds, three assists and two steals
- The Trojans led wire-to-wire building a 25 point lead just inside the fourth quarter.
- Anderson has won 12 straight games which include six roads and six home games
Anderson begins a three-game homestand when it welcomes SAC opponent Catawba on Saturday. Tip-off is slated for 2 pm.