HARTSVILLE, S.C. – The Anderson University women's basketball team overcame a nine point deficit heading into the final period to win by nine over South Atlantic Conference opponent Coker, 64-55, on Saturday afternoon at the DeLoach Center.
With the victory, Anderson wins its 10th straight to improve to 12-2 overall and 6-0 in conference play while the Cobras fall to 2-11 overall and 1-4 in SAC action.
- Anderson outrebounded Coker 52-35 with three Trojans reaching double-digits in rebounds
- Junior Amari Grevious recorded four of the eight blocks by the Trojans
- The Trojans shot a dismal 2-of-16 (12.5%) from behind the arc
- The Cobras placed two players in double-digit scoring (Hayley Kropp-15 pts) and (Ashauntee Nelson – 11 pts)
- Anderson outscored the Cobras 27-9 in the final period
- Sophomore Taylor Hair netted 10 points and grabbed four rebounds in 17 minutes of action
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a game-high 24 points while grabbing 12 rebounds. Mollenhauer has recorded eight double-doubles on the season
- Junior Madison Baggett chipped in seven points while chasing down 10 rebounds. Baggett also dished out five assists
- Senior Ace Easter recorded a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Easter's strong play in the fourth period helped propel the Trojans past the Cobras
Anderson continues its four-game road swing when it plays SAC foe Carson-Newman on Wednesday. Tip-off is slated for 6 pm.