ANDERSON, S.C. - The Anderson University softball team will travel to No. 12 Lenoir-Rhyne for a South Atlantic Conference showdown on Friday. First pitch of the doubleheader is slated for 1:30 p.m.
Who – Anderson (24-6, 6-0 SAC) at Lenoir-Rhyne (28-5, 5-1 SAC)
When – Friday (1:30 p.m./3:30 p.m.)
Where – Hickory, N.C. (Bears Field)
Lenoir-Rhyne holds a 19-6 overall lead in the series with the Bears winning the last three.
ANDERSON TROJANS OVERVIEW
- The Trojans are batting .324 as a team while holding their opponents to a .193 average.
- The Black and Gold pitching trio boasts a combined 1.68 ERA.
- Anderson is coming off of a doubleheader home sweep over Tusculum.
- The Trojans are receiving votes in the NFCA NCAA Top 25 Coaches National Poll.
LENOIR-RHYNE BEARS OVERVIEW
- The Bears are ranked No. 12 in the NFCA NCAA Top 25 Coaches National Poll.
- Lenoir-Rhyne is coming off of a doubleheader home sweep over Coker.
- The Bears are batting .317 as a team while holding their opponents to a .217 average.
- Lenoir-Rhyne are led by 19 year veteran head coach Shena Hollar.