ANDERSON, S.C. - The Anderson University softball team will travel to South Atlantic Conference preseason favorite Carson-Newman on Tuesday. First pitch of the doubleheader is slated for 2 p.m.
Who – Anderson (20-6, 2-0 SAC) at Carson-Newman (19-7, 1-1 SAC)
When – Thursday (2 p.m./4 p.m.)
Where – Jefferson City, Tenn. (Vickee Kazee-Hollifield Softball Complex)
Carson-Newman leads the overall series 35-10 which dates back to 1998. Since joining the SAC, Carson-Newman leads the series 11-8 with three of those wins coming in the SAC Tournament.
ANDERSON TROJANS OVERVIEW
- The Trojans are batting .327 as a team while holding their opponents to a .182 batting average.
- The Black and Gold pitching trio boasts a combined 1.43.
- Kayla Pepper lead the SAC in ERA (.77) while Breanna Hagerty leads the SAC in total home runs (8). Sophomore Meghan Majeski leads the SAC in stolen bases (17) while senior Cailah Niles ranks 3rd in total RBI (30).
- On the season, the Trojans have hit 45 doubles, five triples and 28 home runs.
CARSON-NEWMAN EAGLES OVERVIEW
- The Eagles are batting .304 as a team and holding their opponent to .205.
- Carson-Newman was picked as the SAC preseason favorite.
- The Eagles Lacie Rinus leads the SAC in strikeouts (97) and saves (3). Rinus ranks 2nd in wins with 11 while ranking 3rd in ERA (1.62).