ANDERSON, S.C. - The Anderson University softball team to host nonconference opponent Lees-McRae on Tuesday. First pitch of the doubleheader is slated for 3 p.m.
Who – Anderson (5-1, 0-0 SAC) vs Lees-McRae (0-4, 0-0 CC)
When – Tuesday (3 p.m./5 p.m.)
Where – Anderson, S.C. (AU SOFTBALL COMPLEX)
Overall Record – Anderson leads the overall series 22-13 with the Trojans winning the last 9-out of-10.
ANDERSON TROJANS OVERVIEW
- Anderson split with North Greenville on Friday winning game 2, 4-3, in extra innings.
- Sophomore Mattie Hamilton is tied for first in the South Atlantic Conference with 3 home runs while senior Cailah Niles sits in second with total RBI (10). Pitcher Kayla Pepper ranks second in ERA while pitcher Harlie Duncan leads the SAC with 3 wins.
- Anderson head coach Tommy Hewitt is in his 13th year.
- On the season, the Trojans have hit eight home runs and eight doubles.
- The Bobcats have dropped both of their doubleheaders to SAC opponents Carson-Newman and Lenoir-Rhyne to begin the season 0-4.
- Lees-McRae was picked to finish eighth in the Conference Carolinas preseason poll.
- Lees-McRae finished the 2017 season with an overall record of 15-34.
-The Bobcats are led by Jaclin Poole who is in her third season.