ANDERSON, S.C. – The sixth-seeded Anderson University men's soccer team is set to travel to the campus of Lander in Greenwood, S.C. to take on No. 3 seed Limestone in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
• Who – No. 6 Anderson (10-5-3) vs No. 3 Limestone (13-3-1)
• When – Friday (7 p.m.)
• Where – Greenwood, S.C. (Van Taylor Stadium)
• Live Stats – http://autrojans.com/sports/msoc/2018-19/boxscores/20181109_9bh1.xml
• Video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69S8F-q_xMA
Limestone leads the series 7-5-1 with the last matchup occurring in 2009. The Trojans won the double overtime thriller 2-1 at Limestone.
• The Trojans are coming off of a 2-1 loss in the SAC Championship Tournament finals to Tusculum.
• Senior Birkir Petursson, junior Colin Burris and sophomore Harry Ward earned SAC All-Tournament.
• This is the fourth trip to the NCAA since joining the SAC in 2010.
• Anderson averages 16.4 shots per match.
• The Trojans are 1-1 on a neutral pitch this season.
• Anderson is led by fifth year head coach Michael Zion.
• The Saints were recently ranked No. 17 in the United Soccer Coaches DII National Poll
• Limestone won both the Conference Carolinas regular season and the Conference Carolinas Tournament.
• Limestone has not played at a neutral site this season.
• The Saints have outshot their opponents by 11 shots per match.
• The Saints are led by 16 year veteran Eric Alsop.