ANDERSON, S.C. – The fourth-seeded Anderson University men's soccer team heads to Rock Hill to continue its solid play to faceoff with the top-seeded Lenoir-Rhyne Bears in the South Atlantic Conference Championship semifinals on Friday.
• Who – Anderson (9-4-3) vs Lenoir-Rhyne (11-5)
• When - Friday (4:30 p.m.)
• Where – Rock Hill, S.C. (Manchester Meadows)
• Live Stats – http://autrojans.com/sports/msoc/2018-19/boxscores/20181102_9fgs.xml
• Video – https://portal.stretchinternet.com/thesac/
Anderson leads the all-time series 7-4-5. Over the series history, the two programs have squared off on three occasions in the SAC Championships with the Trojans holding a 2-0-1 advantage. The Bears advanced on penalty kicks in the 2015 draw. The past eight match-ups have resulted in AU posting a 3-1-4 record.
• The Trojans are coming off a 2-1 home win over SAC opponent Lincoln Memorial on Tuesday.
• Junior Colin Burris scored both goals in the quarterfinal victory over the Railsplitters.
• The Black and Gold were picked to finish 6th in the South Atlantic Conference preseason poll.
• Anderson averages 17.2 shots per match.
• The Trojans have won six straight and are 7-1-2 for the month of October.
• Anderson is led by fifth year head coach Michael Zion.
• The Bears are coming off of a 2-0 quarterfinal round over Coker.
• Lenoir-Rhyne holds a .433% for shots on goal.
• The Bears average 16.9 shots per match.
• The Bears are led by head coach Jack Winter in his 3rd year.