ANDERSON, S.C. – Anderson University men's soccer won its fifth straight match defeating top-tier South Atlantic Conference opponent and the 4th ranked team in the Southeast Region Lenoir-Rhyne, 2-1, on Saturday afternoon at Trojan Stadium.
The Trojans improve to 8-4-3 overall and 5-2-3 in SAC play while the Bears drop to 10-5 overall and 7-3 in conference action.
- Lenoir claimed a 15-10 advantage in shots on the afternoon
- The Black and Gold edged out the Bears with seven shots to their six shots on goal
- The Bears took three more corner kicks (5-2)
- AU's Gal Elyashiv recorded four saves on the afternoon
- L-R's keeper Alexander Langer was credited with four saves
- The Anderson – Lenoir-Rhyne series now sits at 7-4-5 all-time
- AU's Emerson has scored three goals and one assist on the week
- Anderson has won five straight matches and are 6-0-2 over the last eight contests.
- AU's Lucas Mostajo game-winner was his first goal as a Trojan
- Anderson earned the fourth-seed in the SAC tournament and will host the quarterfinal round on Tuesday against Lincoln-Memorial. Kick-off is slated for 7:30 p.m.