ANDERSON, S.C. – Anderson University men's soccer dominated play against nonconference opponent North Greenville picking up the 2-0 victory on Monday evening at Trojan Stadium.
The Trojans improve to- 6-4-3 overall while the Crusaders drop to 6-9-1 overall in the first matchup between the two schools in nine years.
- Anderson claimed a 29-5 advantage in shots on the night
- The Black and Gold were on target for 19 shots to 3 of the Crusaders
- The Trojans took all seven corner kicks
- AU's Lars Kaula connected on a penalty kick in the second minute of action to score the eventual game winner.
-Senior Birkir Petturson came up with a defensive save in the 32nd minute to help preserve the shutout
- The Anderson – North Greenville series now sits at 7-1 all-time
- Trojan senior Jacob Miller got the nod in goal tonight picking up his first win of his career
- Senior Gabriel Homem took six shots with five coming on goal
- Senior Cameron Emerson's goal in the 16th minute was his second of the season
- Anderson will travel to South Atlantic Conference opponent Coker on Wednesday. Kick-off is slated for 7 p.m.