The Anderson University Sports Medicine Department strives to provide the best Sports Medicine Care possible for student athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics at Anderson University. One part of this goal is obtaining up-to-date information about each student athlete.
In order for us to create and/or maintain a file on you, we need you to print off a copy of each form and return them to us by August 1 of the current academic year. If you are having difficulty obtaining the forms, please feel free to E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or E-mail email@example.com call at (864)-231-2144.
No student will be permitted to participate in athletics without this information on file in the Anderson University Sports Medicine Department.
Paperwork to be completed as follows:
- Filling in blanks with "same as last year" or "already on file" is NOT acceptable
- Parents must sign ALL forms unless student-athlete is 24 years of age
- ALL blanks should be filled in on the paperwork
- All paperwork MUST be completed on an annual basis
- The secondary insurance (Ascension), which is provided by Anderson University will cover only NCAA-sponsored events. Ascension Insurance has a $250 deductable.
The deadline for paperwork is August 1st - Please send via e-mail or the U.S Postal Service - No faxes, please!
Click HERE for Insurance Filing Process
Please send forms to the following address:
Anderson University Sports Medicine Department
Attn: Ed Duvall
Director of Sports Medicine
Anderson, South Carolina 29621
Policy Note: All student athletes are required to complete a pre-participation physical evaluation performed by Anderson University's team physician each year. All incoming freshmen or transfers will schedule physicals on campus before their first date of competition. NO OUTSIDE PHYSICALS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
6. Statement of Understanding (Sickle Cell Trait Testing) FRESHMEN AND TRANSFERS ONLY
Anderson University policy requires all student-athletes to maintian a CURRENT personal insurance policy - ALL International student-athletes are required to purchase the school's international policy with the athletic writer.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call.
The NCAA is emphasizing Sickle Cell Trait resting and concussion awareness. Please click on the following links for further information on these topics: