Women's Tennis Defeats BrevardMarch 22, 2013
BREVARD, N.C. – The Anderson University women’s tennis team won its fifth straight South Atlantic Conference match by defeating Brevard, 7-2, Friday afternoon at the McCoy Tennis Complex.
Anderson improved to 9-3 overall and 7-1 in the conference, while Brevard fell to 2-8 overall and 0-2 in the league.
The AU tandem of Avery Owens and Karen Ching suffered their first setback of the season with an 8-3 loss to the Tornados’ Michelle Prata and Claire Dillman at the No. 1 doubles’ flight, but the Trojans took a 2-1 edge into singles’ play after Camie Beaulieu-Brunet and Alexandra Ebner defeated Elise Labus and Katie Ouellette, 8-2, at the No. 2 slot. AU’s Hannah Ecleberry and Lindsay Gregory garnered a win by default at No. 3 doubles.
Owens posted a straight-set, 6-2, 6-4, win past Prata at No. 1 singles, marking her 10th consecutive singles’ victory, with the Trojans collecting four additional wins on the singles side. Beaulieu-Brunet blanked Ouellette, 6-0, 6-0, for her fifth straight victory, while Gregory earned her fifth consecutive win by defeating Nirvana Silva, 6-3, 6-4, at the No. 5 slot.
The Trojans play host to Wingate on Wednesday. First-serve versus the Bulldogs is slated for 2 p.m. at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Brevard vs Anderson
Mar 22, 2013 at Brevard, N.C.
(McCoy Tennis Complex)
Anderson 7, Brevard 2
1. Avery Owens (AU-W) def. Michelle Prata (BCWT) 6-2, 6-4
2. Claire Dillman (BCWT) def. Karen Ching (AU-W) 7-5, 6-7, 10-7
3. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet (AU-W) def. Katie Ouellette (BCWT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Hannah Ecleberry (AU-W) def. Elise Labus (BCWT) 2-6, 7-6, 10-8
5. Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Nirvana Silva (BCWT) 6-3, 6-4
6. Alexandra Ebner (AU-W) def. No player (BCWT), by default
1. Michelle Prata/Claire Dillman (BCWT) def. Avery Owens/Karen Ching (AU-W) 8-3
2. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet/Alexandra Ebner (AU-W) def. Elise Labus/Katie Ouellette (BCWT) 8-2
3. Hannah Ecleberry/Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. No player/No player (BCWT), by default