Women's Tennis Cruises Past Lincoln MemorialMarch 8, 2013
HARROGATE, Tenn. – The Anderson women’s tennis team won its third consecutive match with a decisive 8-1 win past Lincoln Memorial in South Atlantic Conference play Friday afternoon at the LMU Tennis Complex.
Anderson improved to 7-2 overall and 5-1 in the conference, while Lincoln Memorial dropped to 2-1 overall and 1-1 in the league.
The Trojans swept the doubles’ points and claimed five of the six singles’ decisions to earn the team victory.
Junior Avery Owens posted her sixth consecutive singles win, while Lauren Trumbull notched her fourth straight victory. Owens and Karen Ching teamed up to win their fifth straight doubles’ decision.
Anderson will get back on the courts on Tuesday, March 19, when the Trojans play host to Augusta State in a noon matchup at the Max Grubbs Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson vs Lincoln Memorial
Mar 08, 2013 at Harrogate, TN
(LMU Tennis Complex)
#50 Anderson 8, Lincoln Memorial 1
1. Leah Donoff (LMU) def. Karen Ching (AU-W) 6-1, 6-5
2. Hannah Ecleberry (AU-W) def. Alexandra Granger (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Aura Penalosa (LMU) 7-5, 6-3
4. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet (AU-W) def. Jessica Baker (LMU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Summer Robinson (LMU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Alexandra Ebner (AU-W) def. Kelsey Vinsant (LMU) 6-0, 6-0
1. Karen Ching/Avery Owens (AU-W) def. Leah Donoff/Elena Vasilyeva (LMU) 4-1
2. Lindsay Gregory/Camie Beaulieu-Brunet (AU-W) def. Aura Penalosa/Summer Robinson (LMU) 8-2