Men's Tennis Suffers First Conference Loss at Lincoln MemorialMarch 8, 2013
HARROGATE, Tenn. – The Anderson men’s tennis team wrapped up a six-match road swing with a 5-4 South Atlantic Conference setback to Lincoln Memorial, Friday afternoon at the LMU Tennis Complex.
Anderson fell to 5-4 overall and 5-1 in the conference, with Lincoln Memorial moving to 3-1 overall and 2-0 in the league.
Iriberry claimed his second victory of the afternoon and his seventh consecutive win overall by outlasting Guilherme Rocha, 6-2, 3-6, 10-7, at No. six singles, while Loic Ambroise and Paul Calhoun also garnered wins at No. 4 and No. 5 respectively.
But Lincoln Memorial took wins at the first three singles’ flights for the team win.
Anderson will get back on the courts on Tuesday, March 19, when the Trojans play host to Augusta State in a noon matchup at the Max Grubbs Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson vs Lincoln Memorial
Mar 08, 2013 at Harrogate, TN
(LMU Tennis Complex)
Lincoln Memorial 5, Anderson 4
1. Philipp Hoffmann (LMU) def. Daniel Gonzalez (AU-M) 6-2, 6-2
2. Will Sparks (LMU) def. Abdoulaye Camara (AU-M) 6-2, 2-6, 10-8
3. Marcelo Alvim (LMU) def. Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) 7-5, 6-3
4. Loic Ambroise (AU-M) def. Alexey Minevskiy (LMU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Paul Calhoun (AU-M) def. Gabriel Martins (LMU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Inaki Iriberry (AU-M) def. Guilherme Rocha (LMU) 6-2, 3-6, 10-7
1. Philipp Hoffmann/Alexey Minevskiy (LMU) def. Abdoulaye Camara/Jerome Branker (AU-M) 8-4
2. Marcelo Alvim/Will Sparks (LMU) def. Paul Calhoun/Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) 8-4
3. Daniel Gonzalez/Inaki Iriberry (AU-M) def. Michael Koenen/Gabriel Martins (LMU) 8-0