Men's Tennis Wins Third Straight; Defeats Carson-NewmanMarch 5, 2013
JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. – The Anderson University men’s tennis team stayed undefeated in South Atlantic Conference action with a convincing 7-2 win past Carson-Newman Monday afternoon at the Carson-Newman Tennis Courts.
Anderson moved to 5-3 overall and 5-0 in league action, while Carson-Newman slipped to 2-3 and 0-1.
The Trojans swept all three doubles points to garner an early 3-0 advantage and took four of the final five points on the singles’ side for the win.
Anderson will get back on the courts Friday, when the Trojans visit Lincoln Memorial. First-serve is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Anderson 7, Carson-Newman 2
1. Juan Sebastian Perez (C-N) def. Abdoulaye Camara (AU-M) 6-3, 6-4
2. Paul Birdsong (C-N) def. Daniel Gonzalez (AU-M) 6-4, 6-4
3. Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) def. Austin Mackay (C-N) 6-4, 6-5
4. Loic Ambroise (AU-M) def. Derek Holdway (C-N) 6-1, 6-2
5. Paul Calhoun (AU-M) def. Jonathan Allen (C-N) 6-1, 6-4
6. Inaki Iriberry (AU-M) def. Dalton Moore (C-N) 6-1, 6-4
1. Abdoulaye Camara/Jerome Branker (AU-M) def. Juan Sebastian Perez/Austin Mackay (C-N) 8-6
2. Paul Calhoun/Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) def. Paul Birdsong/Derek Holdway (C-N) 9-7
3. Daniel Gonzalez/Inaki Iriberry (AU-M) def. Jonathan Allen/Dalton Moore (C-N) 8-4