Men's Tennis Rallies to Defeat TusculumFebruary 23, 2013
GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – Newcomer Inaki Iriberry clinched the deciding point at No. 6 singles as Anderson rallied to claim a 5-4 South Atlantic Conference win over host Tusculum Saturday at the Nichols Tennis Complex.
Anderson evened its overall record at 3-3 and stayed undefeated in the league at 3-0. Tusculum fell to 2-3 and 0-1.
The Trojans held a 2-1 edge following doubles’ action, as Paul Calhoun and Krystof Gulbinovic got past Jonas Winkelmann and John Taylor, 8-6, at the No. 2 slot and Daniel Gonzalez and Danilo Faria teamed up to edge Paul Wiederspahn and Joseph Elphingstone, 8-6, at No. 3 doubles.
But Tusculum claimed three of the first four singles’ spots to take a 4-3 lead into the final two matches.
Calhoun won a three-set decision, 6-3, 6-7, 10-6, over TC’s John Taylor at No. 5 to even the match, and Iriberry downed Daniel Gianopulos, 7-6, 6-0, to earn the team win.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson vs Tusculum
Feb 23, 2013 at Greeneville, Tenn.
(Nichols Tennis Complex)
Anderson 5, Tusculum 4
1. Lukas Winkelmann (TCM) def. Abdoulaye Camara (AU-M) 6-2, 6-2
2. Nicolas Planchard (TCM) def. Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) 6-1, 7-5
3. Daniel Gonzalez (AU-M) def. Jonas Winkelmann (TCM) 3-6, 7-6, 10-4
4. Paul Wiederspahn (TCM) def. Loic Ambroise (AU-M) 6-7, 6-4, 10-7
5. Paul Calhoun (AU-M) def. John Taylor (TCM) 6-3, 6-7, 10-6
6. Inaki Iriberry (AU-M) def. Daniel Gianopulos (TCM) 7-6, 6-0
1. Lukas Winkelmann/Nicolas Planchard (TCM) def. Abdoulaye Camara/Jerome Branker (AU-M) 8-5
2. Paul Calhoun/Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) def. Jonas Winkelmann/John Taylor (TCM) 8-6
3. Daniel Gonzalez/Danilo Faria (AU-M) def. Paul Wiederspahn/Joseph Elphingstone (TCM) 8-6
Anderson 3-3, 3-0 SAC
Tusculum 2-3, 0-1 SAC