Men's Tennis Eases Past Belmont AbbeyApril 11, 2012
FORT MILL, S.C. – The Anderson University men’s tennis team downed Belmont Abbey, 8-1, in non-conference action Wednesday afternoon at the Sun City tennis courts.
Anderson took two of three doubles’ matches and swept the singles’ action, while improving to 11-6 on the season with its fourth win in the last five outings. Belmont Abbey slipped to 4-12 overall.
The Anderson tandem of Stan Atema and Deni Mehagic defeated Patrick Noelke and Tim Tanko, 8-3, at the No. two doubles’ slot, with Loic Ambroise and Trey Halbauer teaming up to win their fifth consecutive match, 8-3, past the Crusaders’ Gabriel Trombini and Idris Moya.
The Trojans closed out the victory by sweeping all six singles’ slots.
Anderson will get back on the courts on Saturday, when the Trojans play host to Peach Belt-foe Columbus State. First-serve is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson University vs Belmont Abbey
Apr 11, 2012
Anderson University 8, Belmont Abbey 1
1. Stan Atema (AU-M) def. Conner McMann (BACM) 6-2, 6-7, 6-3
2. Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) def. Alex Gradenwitz (BACM) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
3. Deni Mehagic (AU-M) def. Gabriel Trombini (BACM) 6-2, 6-0
4. Daniel Gonzalez (AU-M) def. Patrick Noelke (BACM) 6-0, 6-2
5. Loic Ambroise (AU-M) def. Tim Tanko (BACM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Trey Halbauer (AU-M) def. Idris Moya (BACM) 6-1, 6-1
1. Conner McMann/Alex Gradenwitz (BACM) def. Daniel Gonzalez/Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) 8-5
2. Stan Atema/Deni Mehagic (AU-M) def. Patrick Noelke/Tim Tanko (BACM) 8-3
3. Loic Ambroise/Trey Halbauer (AU-M) def. Gabriel Trombini/Idris Moya (BACM) 8-3