Women's Tennis Rolls Past Belmont AbbeyApril 11, 2012
FORT MILL, S.C. – The Anderson University women’s tennis team defeated Belmont Abbey, 8-1, in non-conference action Wednesday afternoon at the Sun City tennis courts.
Anderson improved to 11-7 on the season by claiming its fourth win in the last five outings, while Belmont Abbey slipped to 7-11 overall.
The Anderson duo of Camie Beaulieu-Brunet and Shelby Anderson outlasted Kirstie Jenkins and Katharine Miller, 9-8, at No. one doubles, while AU freshmen Clair Larkin and Lindsay Gregory eased past the Crusaders’ Brooke Ingram and Molly Gwaltney, 8-2, at the No. two doubles slot. Avery Owens and Lauren Trumbull improved to 8-3 on the season by blanking Paige French and Bridget Franer, 8-0.
AU went on to claim five of the six singles matches without dropping a set.
Anderson will get back on the courts on Saturday, when the Trojans play host to Peach Belt-foe Columbus State. First-serve is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson University vs Belmont Abbey
Apr 11, 2012 at Fort Mill, SC
Anderson University 8, Belmont Abbey 1
1. Kirstie Jenkins (BACW) def. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet (AU-W) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
2. Clair Larkin (AU-W) def. Katharine Miller (BACW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Avery Owens (AU-W) def. Brooke Ingram (BACW) 6-1, 6-0
4. Shelby Anderson (AU-W) def. Shannon Ramsey (BACW) 6-3, 6-3
5. Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Paige French (BACW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Abby Poetker (BACW) 6-2, 6-1
1. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet/Shelby Anderson (AU-W) def. Kirstie Jenkins/Katharine Miller (BACW) 9-8
2. Clair Larkin/Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Brooke Ingram/Molly Gwaltney (BACW) 8-2
3. Avery Owens/Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Paige French/Bridget Franer (BACW) 8-0