Men's Tennis Downs Lincoln MemorialFebruary 28, 2012
ANDERSON, S.C. – The Anderson men’s tennis team rallied from a deficit following doubles’ action to top Lincoln Memorial, 6-3, in South Atlantic Conference action Tuesday afternoon at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Anderson (5-3, 4-0 SAC) claimed its fourth consecutive win and stayed undefeated in league play, while Lincoln Memorial fell to 4-2 overall and 1-1 in the conference
The Trojan tandem of Loic Ambroise and Trey Halbauer earned their fourth consecutive victory with an 8-5 win past LMU’s Gabriel Martins and Michael Koenen for AU’s lone doubles point.
Following a setback at No.1 singles, the Trojans reeled off five straight wins to collect the victory.
Anderson gets back in action on Friday, when the Trojans play host to SoCon-opponent Gardner-Webb at 3 p.m. on the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Lincoln Memorial vs Anderson University
Feb 28, 2012 at Anderson, S.C.
(Max Grubbs Memorial Courts)
Anderson University 6, Lincoln Memorial 3
1. Philipp Hoffmann (LMU) def. Stan Atema (AU-M) 6-4, 6-3
2. Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) def. Will Sparks (LMU) 7-5, 6-2
3. Deni Mehagic (AU-M) def. Marcelo Alvim (LMU) 7-5, 7-6
4. Daniel Gonzalez (AU-M) def. Alexey Minevskiy (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Loic Ambroise (AU-M) def. Tom Goossens (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Trey Halbauer (AU-M) def. Gabriel Martins (LMU) 6-4, 4-3, retired
1. Philipp Hoffmann/Tom Goossens (LMU) def. Stan Atema/Daniel Gonzalez (AU-M) 8-5
2. Marcelo Alvim/Will Sparks (LMU) def. Deni Mehagic/Krystof Gulbinovic (AU-M) 8-2
3. Loic Ambroise/Trey Halbauer (AU-M) def. Gabriel Martins/Michael Koenen (LMU) 8-5
Lincoln Memorial 4-2, 1-1 SAC
Anderson University 5-3, 4-0 SAC