Women's Tennis Tops Mars HillFebruary 25, 2012
ANDERSON, S.C. – Paced by a sweep of doubles’ action, the Anderson women’s tennis team defeated Mars Hill, 6-3, in South Atlantic Conference action Saturday afternoon at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
AU’s Shelby Anderson and Avery Owens won their second consecutive doubles match, defeating the Lions’ Erika Pinate and Tatiana Dualiby, 8-4, at the No. 1 slot, while Clair Larkin and Lindsay Gregory earned their fourth consecutive win, 8-4, past MHC’s Anna Rickenbaker and Jazqueline Rouquet. Lauren Trumbull and Bianca Chequin completed the sweep with a default win at No. 3.
Mars Hill rallied to earn wins at the first three singles’ spots, but Trumbull improved to 5-1 on the season with a three-set 2-6, 6-2, 7-5 win over Rouquet at No.4 singles. Gregory followed suit with a straight-set, 6-1, 6-0 win past Jordan Dockery at No. 5 and Bianca Chequin garnered awin by default at No. 6 singles.
Anderson will get back on the courts Monday, when the Trojans visit archrival Erskine. First-serve is slated for 2 p.m. in Due West.
Tennis Match Results
Mars Hill vs Anderson University
Feb 25, 2012 at Anderson, S.C.
(Max Grubbs Courts)
Anderson University 6, Mars Hill 3
1. Erika Pinate (MHCW) def. Avery Owens (AU-W) 6-2, 4-6, 6-1
2. Tatiana Dualiby (MHCW) def. Clair Larkin (AU-W) 6-2, 6-2
3. Anna Rickenbaker (MHCW) def. Shelby Anderson (AU-W) 6-4, 2-6, 7-5
4. Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Jazqueline Rouquet (MHCW) 2-6, 6-2, 6-1
5. Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Jordan Dockery (MHCW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Bianca Chequin (AU-W) def. No player (MHCW), by default
1. Shelby Anderson/Avery Owens (AU-W) def. Erika Pinate/Tatiana Dualiby (MHCW) 8-4
2. Clair Larkin/Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Anna Rickenbaker/Jazqueline Rouquet (MHCW) 8-4
3. Lauren Trumbull/Bianca Chequin (AU-W) def. No player/No player (MHCW), by default