Women's Tennis Tops CatawbaFebruary 23, 2012
SALISBURY, N.C. – The Anderson University women’s tennis team opened South Atlantic Conference action with a convincing, 8-1, win past Catawba Wednesday afternoon at the Johnson Tennis Center.
Anderson (3-3, 1-0 SAC) claimed its second straight win, while Catawba fell to 5-4 overall and 0-1 in the conference.
The Trojans swept the doubles’ action and carried the momentum into singles’ play, dropping just one decision.
Anderson will get back on the courts Thursday, when the Trojans visit Lenoir-Rhyne. First-serve is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson vs Catawba
Feb 22, 2012 at Catawba
Anderson 8, Catawba 1
1. Sloan Kessler (CATAWBA) def. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet (AU-W) 6-4, retired
2. Avery Owens (AU-W) def. Ally Prior (CATAWBA) 6-1, 6-2
3. Clair Larkin (AU-W) def. Maggie McKee (CATAWBA) 6-1, 6-4
4. Shelby Anderson (AU-W) def. Steffi Cook (CATAWBA) 6-3, 7-5
5. Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Candace Hall (CATAWBA) 6-1, 6-0
6. Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Hannah Kovach (CATAWBA) 6-0, 6-1
1. Camie Beaulieu-Brunet/Shelby Anderson (AU-W) def. Sloan Kessler/Maggie McKee (CATAWBA) 8-2
2. Avery Owens/Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Steffi Cook/Ally Prior (CATAWBA) 8-5
3. Clair Larkin/Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Candace Hall/Olivia Myers (CATAWBA) 8-0