USC Upstate Downs Women's TennisFebruary 8, 2012
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Anderson women’s tennis team opened the 2012 spring season with a 6-1 loss to Division I opponent USC Upstate Wednesday afternoon at the Upstate Tennis Complex.
Anderson slipped to 1-2 for 2011-12, while the Spartans upped their record to 2-1.
Anderson will get back on the courts Friday when the Trojans visit Georgia College. First-serve versus the Lady Bobcats is scheduled is scheduled for 2 p.m. in Milledgeville, Ga.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson University vs USC Upstate
Feb 08, 2012 at Spartanburg, S.C.
(Upstate Tennis Complex)
USC Upstate 6, Anderson University 1
1. Isabel von Stryk (UPSTW) def. Avery Owens (AU-W) 6-2, 6-3
2. Julie Bell (UPSTW) def. Camie Beaulieu-Brune (AU-W) 6-1, 6-2
3. Talia Rojas (UPSTW) def. Clair Larkin (AU-W) 6-2, 6-3
4. Hannah Al-Sakati (UPSTW) def. Shelby Anderson (AU-W) 6-4, 6-3
5. Maria Tonani (UPSTW) def. Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) 6-1, 7-6 (7-4)
6. Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) def. Lauren Byars (UPSTW) 6-2, 6-0
1. Talia Rojas/Isabel von Stryk (UPSTW) def. Camie Beaulieu-Brune/Shelby Anderson (AU-W) 8-4
2. Julie Bell/Hannah Al-Sakati (UPSTW) def. Clair Larkin/Lindsay Gregory (AU-W) 8-4
3. Avery Owens/Lauren Trumbull (AU-W) def. Maria Tonani/Lauren Byars (UPSTW) 8-1
Anderson University 1-2
USC Upstate 2-1