Limestone Slips Past AU in Men's TennisApril 7, 2011
ANDERSON, S.C. – Limestone swept all three doubles’ points as the Saints defeated Anderson, 6-3, in non-conference men’s tennis action Thursday afternoon at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Anderson (8-6) dropped just its’ second home match of the season, while Limestone improved to 15-4 on the year.
AU’s Daniel Gonzalez rebounded to edge Limestone’s Jordan Vicain, 7-5, 7-5, at No. 4 singles, while the Trojans’ Trey Halbauer defeated Abraham Lascari Diaz in straight sets, 6-2, 7-6. Anderson’s Loic Ambrose ran his singles’ win streak to seven matches with a 6-3, 6-1 win past LC’s Daniel Lopez.
Anderson will get back in action Friday when the Trojans welcome Georgia College to the Max Grubbs Courts for a 2 p.m. match.
Tennis Match Results
Limestone College vs Anderson
Apr 07, 2011 at Anderson, S.C.
(Max Grubbs Courts)
Limestone College 6, Anderson 3
1. Miguel Lopez Zuniga (LC) def. Stan Atema (AUM) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
2. Mike Stephenson (LC) def. Deni Mehagic (AUM) 6-2, 6-4
3. Rafael Ferla (LC) def. Ilya Zakharov (AUM) 6-1, 6-2
4. Daniel Gonzalez (AUM) def. Jordan Vicain (LC) 7-5, 7-5
5. Trey Halbauer (AUM) def. Abraham Lascari Diaz (LC) 6-2, 7-6
6. Loic Ambrose (AUM) def. Daniel Lopez (LC) 6-3, 6-1
1. Jordan Vicain/Miguel Lopez Zuniga (LC) def. Stan Atema/Daniel Gonzalez (AUM) 8-3
2. Mike Stephenson/Rafael Ferla (LC) def. Deni Mehagic/Ilya Zakharov (AUM) 8-6
3. Daniel Lopez/Abraham Lascari Diaz (LC) def. Trey Halbauer/Jerome Branker (AUM) 8-6