Women's Tennis Gets Past LimestoneApril 7, 2011
ANDERSON, S.C. – Anderson’s Julie Halbert and Emily Weiland each picked up two wins on the afternoon as the Anderson women’s tennis team defeated visiting Limestone, 6-3, in non-conference action Thursday afternoon at the Max Grubbs Memorial Courts.
Anderson improved to 9-4 on the season by winning its second consecutive contest and its’ third in the last four, while Limestone slipped to 1-19 overall.
The Trojans collected two wins on the doubles’ side as the freshman tandem of Lauren Trumbull and Avery Owens teamed to roll past Limestone’s Jenny Naven and Nicole Jones 8-1 at the No. 2 slot, while Halbert and Weiland picked up their first win of the day by default at the No. 3 flight.
Halbert went on to shut out Naven, 6-0, 6-0, at the No. 3 singles’ spot and Weiland blanked Jones, 6-0, 6-0 at the No. 4 flight for her seventh consecutive singles’ win.
AU junior Shelby Anderson and sophomore Mary Langston Willis claimed wins by default at No. 5 and No. 6.
Anderson will get back in action Friday when the Trojans welcome Georgia College to the Max Grubbs Courts for a 2 p.m. match.
Tennis Match Results
Limestone College vs Anderson
Apr 07, 2011 at Anderson, S.C.
(Max Grubbs Courts)
Anderson 6, Limestone College 3
1. Jimena Munoz Quiroga (LC) def. Camie Beaulieu-Brune (AUW) 6-3, 6-2
2. Eve Aubry (LC) def. Avery Owens (AUW) 6-4, 6-1
3. Julie Halbert (AUW) def. Jenny Naven (LC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Emily Weiland (AUW) def. Nicole Jones (LC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Shelby Anderson (AUW) def. No player (LC), by default
6. Mary Langston Willis (AUW) def. No player (LC), by default
1. Eve Aubry/Jimena Munoz Quiroga (LC) def. Shelby Anderson/Camie Beaulieu-Brune (AUW) 9-8
2. Lauren Trumbull/Avery Owens (AUW) def. Jenny Naven/Nicole Jones (LC) 8-1
3. Emily Weiland/Julie Halbert (AUW) def. No player/No player (LC), by default