Trojans Roll Past Carson-NewmanMarch 8, 2011
JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. – The Anderson men’s tennis team surrendered just one point to Carson-Newman as the Trojans defeated the Eagles, 8-1, in South Atlantic Conference action Tuesday afternoon.
Anderson moved to 6-4 overall and 3-1 in league play with its third win in the last four outings, while Carson-Newman slipped to 2-3 overall and 0-1 in league play.
The Trojans won two of three doubles’ points and swept the singles’ play, with Loic Ambrose, Daniel Gonzalez and Ilya Zakharov each winning their fourth consecutive matches.
Anderson plays host to Lenoir-Rhyne on Saturday at the Max Grubbs Courts, with first-serve scheduled for noon.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson vs Carson-Newman
Mar 08, 2011 at Jefferson City, Tenn.
Anderson 8, Carson-Newman 1
1. Stan Atema (AUM) def. Trent Slagle (C-N) 7-6, 6-3
2. Deni Mehagic (AUM) def. Dusty Davis (C-N) 6-1, 6-4
3. Ilya Zakharov (AUM) def. Derek Holdway (C-N) 6-1, 6-3
4. Daniel Gonzalez (AUM) def. Adriano Kira (C-N) 6-3, 6-0
5. Trey Halbauer (AUM) def. Paul Birdsong (C-N) 6-2, 6-4
6. Loic Ambrose (AUM) def. Dalton Moore (C-N) 6-0, 6-0
1. Stan Atema/Daniel Gonzalez (AUM) def. Trent Slagle/Matthew White (C-N) 8-6
2. Paul Birdsong/Adriano Kira (C-N) def. Deni Mehagic/Loic Ambrose (AUM) 8-4
3. Trey Halbauer/Ilya Zakharov (AUM) def. Derek Holdway/Dalton Moore (C-N) 8-6