Men's Tennis Downs Mars HillFebruary 26, 2011
MARS HILL, N.C. – Paced by Stan Atema and Daniel Gonzalez’s two wins on the day, the Anderson men’s tennis team outpaced Mars Hill, 7-2, in South Atlantic Conference action Saturday afternoon at the Hart Tennis Center.
Anderson (4-3, 3-0 SAC) stayed undefeated in league action by winning its third in the last four outings, while Mars Hill (1-5, 0-1 SAC) dropped its fourth straight match.
The Trojans swept the doubles’ point and dropped just two singles’ points, winning each in straight sets.
Anderson opens a two-match homestand by playing host to Erskine on Tuesday, with first-serve slated for 3 p.m. at the Max Grubbs Memorial Tennis Courts.
Tennis Match Results
Anderson vs Mars Hill
Feb 26, 2011 at Mars Hill, N.C.
(Hart Tennis Center)
Anderson 7, Mars Hill 2
1. Stan Atema (AUM) def. Lucas Simm (MHCM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Enrico Patriarca (MHCM) def. Deni Mehagic (AUM) 6-3, 5-7, 10-3
3. Ilya Zakharov (AUM) def. Guilherme Lima (MHCM) 6-3, 6-4
4. Daniel Gonzalez (AUM) def. Stevan Stankovic (MHCM) 6-2, 6-3
5. Carlos Oyaga (MHCM) def. Trey Halbauer (AUM) 6-4, 6-3
6. Loic Ambrose (AUM) def. Brad Bassinger (MHCM) 6-1, 6-3
1. Stan Atema/Daniel Gonzalez (AUM) def. Lucas Simm/Enrico Patriarca (MHCM) 8-2
2. Deni Mehagic/Krystof Gulbinovic (AUM) def. Stevan Stankovic/Carlos Oyaga (MHCM) 8-1
3. Trey Halbauer/Ilya Zakharov (AUM) def. Brad Bassinger/Guilherme Lima (MHCM) 8-5